Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Funfetti Cookies

Oh, Funfetti, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways! Cake, cupcakes, ice cream, and now cookies?! I am SO in love!



Happy Friday the 13th! Whether you are superstitious or not, I have something for you that is guaranteed to make your day a good one...Funfetti Cookies. Yup, no joke.

Ever since I stumbled upon this recipe a few weeks ago I have become completely obsessed with making these cookies. Thank goodness for birthday parties, wedding showers and summertime holidays for giving me a reason to bake them. Otherwise, from the looks of the stacks of cookies in my kitchen, it might look like I have a slight problem. Seriously. They are that good.

Adapted from Fat Girl in a Skinny Body (don't you just love the name of her blog?!)

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cup sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 whole egg
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
2 Tbsp nonpareil sprinkles (the small round sprinkles)


Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees



Cream the butter and sugar, then add vanilla and egg and beat until well combined.



In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients (except the sprinkles). Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on low speed until combined. Stir in the sprinkles (I used a wooden spoon) until just mixed so the sprinkles don't bleed.


Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheet, about 1-2 inches apart. Bake 12-15 minutes, until they are just starting to brown on the bottom and sides. These are sugar cookies, so you want them to be soft and fluffy. Cool on a wire rack.



Who are we kidding?! Dig in! They are sooo good warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment